A series of posts about the four books forming The Medusa Protocol.
From influences to why certain locations were chosen, it starts with All Along the Watchtowers; a brief introduction to what lies at the core of Medusa’s heart.
N. P. Ryan vs. Poetry
On various subjects; sometimes self-reflecting, frequently sarcastic and occasionally heartfelt, starting with: N. P. Ryan vs. Youth.
The most recent verse to find its way into my head only to then escape again is: What a Waste.
They are listed in order of most recent here.
Plus a ‘Beginner’s Guide/How To’ series focused on showing how to understand services and products offered authors; starting with N. P. Ryan vs. Self-publishing.
N. P. Ryan vs. Social Media
A sequence of posts inspired by using social media for self-promotion. Unless an already known celebrity, the only evident way of getting attention is to behave negatively.
Even institutions such as the BBC are found making underhanded posts.
(There’s also a few subject-related stand alone posts too.)
Odds & Sods
Posts about the weird and/or wacky; sometimes bad others just unusual.
Diary of a Mad Pest Controller
When living in the great metropolis that’s London, I worked in pest control; a job that really opened my eyes to so many aspects of humanity.
The category is listed in order of most recent here.
A Life of Crime vs. The Free Market
A series about when I worked markets in London, starting with A Tale of Gratis Woe. It was inspired when creating a book giveaway and remembering how badly things had gone last time I tried to give something away for free.
Images are excerpts from:
- All About Medusa: Perseus, under the protection of Minerva, turns Phineus to stone by brandishing the head of Medusa, Jean-Marc Nattier, 18th century, year unknown.
- N. P. Ryan vs. Poetry: I and the Village, Marc Chagall, 1911.
- Writing/Self-publishing: The Elephant Celebes, Max Ernst, 1921.
- N. P. Ryan vs. Social Media: Before Waterloo, Henry O’Neil, 1868.
- Odds & Sods: The Nightmare, Henry Fuseli, 1781.
- Dairy of a Mad Pest Controller: A postcard of unknown origin dated 1910 showing London Bridge from the south bank.
- A Life of Crime vs. The Free Market: The Intervention of the Sabine Women, Jacques-Louis David, 1799.