A series of posts about the four books forming The Medusa Protocol. Featuring influences to why certain locations were chosen.
- All Along the Watchtowers; a brief introduction to what lies at Medusa’s core.
- Welcome to Weston: A Hitchhiker’s Guide to Quicksand and Curses; the story of the Hex on the Mare.
- Small Town Conspiracy; chapter one in full.
N. P. Ryan vs. Poetry
On various subjects; sometimes self-reflecting, frequently sarcastic and occasionally heartfelt, starting with: N. P. Ryan vs. Youth.
The three most recent verses to find their way into my head only to then escape again:
- How to Make Writing First Person Narrations Easy as Baking a Cake (assuming you’re a really good baker)
- The Swans and irresponsible dog owners.
- Heat II poetry for pandemics.
They are listed in full starting with most recent here.
Odds & Sods
A category about the weird or wacky and things that just don’t fit anywhere else:
Featuring posts such as:
- About the Cat I Found Today annoying neighbours and other such inconveniences.
- The Great Rock n Roll Little White Lie a tale from the dark and murky depths of the music industry, featuring the studio where ‘Sympathy for the Devil’ was recorded.
- What We Feed Cats & Why It’s Far from Purrfect it’s not like it’s hidden from the label, either!
- Animal Crackers the hypocrisy faced when visiting an animal sanctuary in 2019.
Diary of a Mad Pest Controller
When living in the great metropolis that’s London, I worked in pest control; a job that really opened my eyes to so many aspects of humanity.
The latest post in the category is: Killing Joke & How I Might’ve Almost Ended-up Being a Porn Star.
The category is listed in order of most recent here.
A ‘Beginner’s Guide/How To’ series about understanding the services and products offered self-publishing authors; starting with The Great Formatting Swindle.
N. P. Ryan vs. Social Media
A sequence of posts inspired by using social media for self-promotion. Unless an already known celebrity, the only evident way of getting attention is to behave negatively.
Even institutions such as the BBC are found making underhanded posts.
(There’s also a few subject-related stand alone posts too.)
A Life of Crime vs. The Free Market
A series about when I worked markets in London, inspired when creating a book giveaway and remembering how badly things had gone last time I tried to give something away for free.
- Part I A Tale of Gratis Woe
- Part II Songs Mr. T. Taught Me
- Part III East Street and the Mystery of Charlie Chaplin
- Part IV Mr. T. and the Art of Profiting from Snow
- Part V Banned from the Pubs
- Supplemental Elephant and Castle, Stick It up Your Arsehole!
Images are excerpts from:
- All About Medusa: Perseus, under the protection of Minerva, turns Phineus to stone by brandishing the head of Medusa, Jean-Marc Nattier, 18th century, year unknown.
- N. P. Ryan vs. Poetry: I and the Village, Marc Chagall, 1911.
- Odds & Sods: The Nightmare, Henry Fuseli, 1781.
- Dairy of a Mad Pest Controller: A postcard of unknown origin dated 1910 showing London Bridge from the south bank.
- Writing/Self-publishing: The Elephant Celebes, Max Ernst, 1921.
- N. P. Ryan vs. Social Media: Before Waterloo, Henry O’Neil, 1868.
- A Life of Crime vs. The Free Market: The Intervention of the Sabine Women, Jacques-Louis David, 1799.