A series of posts about the four books forming The Medusa Protocol. Featuring influences to why certain locations were chosen.
- All Along the Watchtowers; a brief introduction to what lies at Medusa’s core.
- Welcome to Weston: A Hitchhiker’s Guide to Quicksand and Curses; the story of the Hex on the Mare.
- Small Town Conspiracy; chapter one in full.
N. P. Ryan vs. Poetry
On various subjects; sometimes self-reflecting, frequently sarcastic and occasionally heartfelt, starting with: N. P. Ryan vs. Youth.
The most recent verse to find its way into my head only to then escape again is: Oh, Rather!
They are listed in order of most recent here.
Odds & Sods
A category about the weird and/or wacky:
Featuring posts such as:
- What a Waste (Tickets, Please) a true story about the ‘ticket man’ at Fulham Broadway station.
- Saucy Sally a tale inspired by holiday camps, mothers, tomato sauce & vengeance.
- From Flags to Fags and Buck-a-Beer: the Biggest Differences Between the UK & Canada looking at the surprising differences between the two countries.
Diary of a Mad Pest Controller
When living in the great metropolis that’s London, I worked in pest control; a job that really opened my eyes to so many aspects of humanity.
The latest post in the category is: Why Madonna Sucked at Eurovision.
The category is listed in order of most recent here.
Plus a ‘Beginner’s Guide/How To’ series focused on showing how to understand services and products offered authors; starting with The Great Formatting Swindle.
N. P. Ryan vs. Social Media
A sequence of posts inspired by using social media for self-promotion. Unless an already known celebrity, the only evident way of getting attention is to behave negatively.
Even institutions such as the BBC are found making underhanded posts.
(There’s also a few subject-related stand alone posts too.)
A Life of Crime vs. The Free Market
A series about when I worked markets in London, inspired when creating a book giveaway and remembering how badly things had gone last time I tried to give something away for free.
- Part I A Tale of Gratis Woe
- Part II Songs Mr. T. Taught Me
- Part III East Street and the Mystery of Charlie Chaplin
- Part IV Mr. T. and the Art of Profiting from Snow
- Part V Banned from the Pubs
- Supplemental Elephant and Castle, Stick It up Your Arsehole!
Images are excerpts from:
- All About Medusa: Perseus, under the protection of Minerva, turns Phineus to stone by brandishing the head of Medusa, Jean-Marc Nattier, 18th century, year unknown.
- N. P. Ryan vs. Poetry: I and the Village, Marc Chagall, 1911.
- Odds & Sods: The Nightmare, Henry Fuseli, 1781.
- Dairy of a Mad Pest Controller: A postcard of unknown origin dated 1910 showing London Bridge from the south bank.
- Writing/Self-publishing: The Elephant Celebes, Max Ernst, 1921.
- N. P. Ryan vs. Social Media: Before Waterloo, Henry O’Neil, 1868.
- A Life of Crime vs. The Free Market: The Intervention of the Sabine Women, Jacques-Louis David, 1799.